Today is the day! I started The Broadway Critic one-year ago today.
It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by so quickly. I’ve hit a couple of major milestones for the site, as well as for myself.
- In one year, I saw 66 shows and reviewed 59 of them (and that’s with a two-month sabbatical when I was performing in RENT at City Lights Theatre Company).
- I visited London twice, Las Vegas once and New York City twice and saw multiple shows in each place.
- In just one year, I’ve received over 70,000 hits and 410 comments!
- On Facebook and Twitter, I have fantastic theatre conversations with people from all around the world. My goal of having over 1,000 followers on Twitter was reached two weeks ago! I never imagined connecting with so many Broadway enthusiasts from ALL over the world.
- I’ve given over 15 free theatre tickets to multiple shows around the Bay Area. Next year, I hope to do more ticket giveaways!
- At first, I was reporting weekly on shows that you should see in the Bay Area but over time started doing monthly theatre guides: Summer, September, October and November.
- I interviewed four great performers and writers in the Bay Area and plan to interview a lot more in the upcoming year.
- I’m a huge fan of GLEE and post their songs regularly. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you’ll know that I do weekly giveaways of GLEE’s music.
- I’ve started the Broadway Marquee column – working through each Broadway marquee one at a time.
My top 10 posts over the last year:
- Theatre Review: “The Lion King” @ Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, 2/20/10
- Top 15 Broadway Posters of the 2000s
- Five Broadway Shows You Should Skip
- The 1st Preview of “Women on the Verge…”
- Listening to “Love Never Dies” by Andrew Lloyd Weber
- Listening to GLEE – “Hell-o” – Season #1, Episode #14
- “The Book of Mormon Musical” Coming to Broadway 2011
- Theatre Review: “Fela!” @ Eugene O’Neill, 01/16/10
- Listening to GLEE – “Bad Reputation” – Season #1, Episode #17
- Musical Spotlight: “Mozart L’Opera Rock”
I just want to thank my readers for being so awesome! You guys regularly make my day. Thanks for reading and keeping this site interesting! It’s really been an exciting adventure this past year and I can’t wait for year two!
The Bay Area has such an interesting array of theatres and productions to see. I’m so lucky that I can be a part of the theatre community here – as a performer, as a musical director and a critic. The theatre community has opened their arms to me and I really appreciate it! I can’t wait to perform in more shows, musically direct others and witness some of the best theatre I’ve seen in my life!
Here’s to year two on The Broadway Critic!